Finally the most awaited Mi3 has launched and i had the opportunity to buy it in the Flipkart’s Early access to Mi3. Yesterday I have done the unboxing of the phone. I wanted to share some of the details of phone which alot of people are confused about, before buying the phone. I shall clear out those points here. The unboxing video is on its way and will be uploaded by tonight. So please stay tuned.
Box includes: Mi3 Phone, Charger, Usb cable and Quick Setup guide.
Things to be noted:
1. Regular size sim. ( Not Micro sim nor Nano Sim) Which is a very good factor for some who want to have an old smart phone as backup.
2. Android Kitkat 4.4.2 out of the box.
3. No head phone included in the package.
4. Sim card tray is hard to remove for the first time. So be careful while removing.
5. It has Playstore preloaded in the phone.
6. Almost 11.45 Gb of the internal storage is available. You can uninstall some of the unwanted applications.
7. You need to create a Xiaomi account to download themes and wallpapers from the Mi store.
8. Swiftkey keyboard and google keyboard out of the box.
9. The phone is longer than Nexus 4 and Moto G. Some might find it difficult to use it single handedly due to the slippery back. I would suggest to get a rubbery back cover for better grip.
10. The screen is finger print magnet. So a screen guard is necessary.
11. The back cover is non removable. Same goes with the battery.
12. No App drawer.
13. Custom android launcher can be installed.
1. Very light weight compared to a lot of mid range phone. I did compare it with Moto G and Nexus 4. One might feel that battery is not included inside. So lighter it feels in the Hand.
2. Silky smooth performance. Super slick transition animations.
3. Can change the themes, wallpapers, icons, lockscreen theme, boot animations.
4. Can create folders and widgets on the home screens.
5. Crisp display with auto brightness option. Excellent viewing angles.
6. Quick booting time.
7. Premium build quality.
8. Gorilla 3 screen.
9. Mi3’s own file explorer. No need to install third party explorer.
10. 3050 Mah Battery for longer usage.
Summing up, its the best android phone available in the market at the 10k-20k price range. Premium processor chip and 2Gb Ram with 5″ IPS display and Kitkat base. I would recommend everyone to buy it, I shall be posting detail review in a while. Stay tuned till then.